Monday, February 16, 2009

WA-5 Draft 1

How could she do this to me? Our relationship had been so strong. I drove out to her country wedding, where she was marrying this "incredible" guy. She said that he was perfect for her; kind, sensitive, responsible, I guess everything that I am not. Each bend of narrow two lane road made me increasingly Irritated. I finally arrived at 2012 Radum Road. The trees encroaching the driveway were decorated with yards and yards of white ribbon. My black Honda stomped over every rock. The noise hitting my ear drum like the roll of a snare. I was sweating because I was not sure how she would react. I had loved her and so my actions were not thought through. The monstrous house stared at me with a confused snarl. I bet it did not expect to see me here. I could imagine that the tent for the ceremony was set up in the back, at least that is what we discussed for our wedding. I parked close by, not expecting to stay for very long. The game plan was to swoop in stealthily and steal her away from him. She was mine. She is mine. I turned the corner, letting my eyes fully adjust to the white scene. The massive tent, the white walkway, the pink and red floral archway, the two of them standing there awaiting what was to come. She must be saved, I must save her. No one noticed that I walked in, which probably was a good thing considering how most of the guests feel about me. "Wait," I yelled, catching everyones attention. "She is mine. She loves me!" Everyone was staring at me as gasps waved through the tables. "What are you doing here? I did not invite you! Get out!" She wailed. "I love you and I cannot let you marry this fool! He does not know you. I know you and I have known you for much longer than he has. I know that you love me and you always will, so come with me!" I managed to say. She slowly stammered towards me. A contemplative look upon her face. I could not imagine what she was thinking but I needed her to go with me! We were destined to be together. Suddenly with one fell swoop of her hand she slapped me. A throbbing pain flowing through me cheek. Then with the same motion, she leaned in a kissed me! In front of everyone including her family! All I heard after that was, "I hoped that this would happen." She said in the quietest of whispers. She grabbed my hand and we ran to my car to drive off into the setting sun.

1 comment:

Ms. Wiesner said...

This one will be very interesting to read from the bride's point of view.

This might be your best writing assignment yet. Great use of imagery and figurative language.