Thursday, February 26, 2009

WA-5 Draft 3

Part 1) I drove out to her country wedding, where she was marrying this "incredible" guy. Each bend of narrow two lane road made me increasingly Irritated. I finally arrived at 2012 Radum Road. The trees encroaching the driveway were decorated with yards and yards of white ribbon. My black Honda stomped over every rock. The monstrous house stared at me with a confused snarl. I bet it did not expect to see me here. I could imagine that the tent for the ceremony was set up in the back, at least that is what we discussed for our wedding. I parked close by, not expecting to stay for very long. The game plan was to swoop in stealthily and steal her away from him. I turned the corner and saw the massive tent, the white walkway, the pink and red floral archway, the two of them standing there awaiting what was to come. No one noticed that I walked in. "Wait," I yelled, catching everyone’s attention. "She is mine. She loves me!" Everyone was staring at me as gasps waved through the tables. "What are you doing here? I did not invite you!” She wailed. "I love you and I cannot let you marry this fool! He does not know you. I know you and I have known you for much longer than he has. I know that you love me and you always will, so come with me!" I managed to say. She slowly stammered towards me. I could not imagine what she was thinking but I needed her to go with me! Suddenly with one fell swoop of her hand she slapped me. Then with the same motion, she leaned in and kissed me! All I heard after that was, "I hoped that this would happen." She grabbed my hand and we ran to my car to drive off into the setting sun.





Part 2) How could I be getting married? The wedding was in six hours and I had a tremendous amount of things to do. Throughout the morning people were showing up asking to help or delivering things. A large truck pulled up with the tent in it. It went perfectly with the white, pink, and red theme. My favorite part about the set up was the white ribbon decorating the driveway.
An hour away I started getting ready. My white dress was incredible. I couldn't wait to debut it to all of my guests. My father came up to get me. We went downstairs to start the ceremony. I saw Brad, whom I was going to marry, from a window standing at the alter. We walked out and I stood at the foot of the white carpet. The piano started playing and, in time, we walked down the isle. As a little girl I had imagined this perfect traditional wedding and this was exactly what I expected.
When I reached the alter, I looked deeply into his eyes. I felt that he was the one. A rumble came from the drive way but we went on with the ceremony. Probably five minutes later, out of the corner of my eye I saw him. I hadn't invited him to the wedding. Why was he here? He must have caught me looking at him because in a bold voice he yelled, "Wait! She is mine! She loves me!" Everyone turned to look at him. Quickly I blurted out, "What are you doing here? I did not invite you!" He retaliated with, "I love you and I cannot let you marry this fool! He does not know you. I know you and I have known you for much longer than he has. I know that you love me and you always will, so come with me!" I did not know what to do. I knew that I stilled loved him. Everything that he said was true. Unconsciously I slapped him. But just as unconsciously, I lent in and whispered, "I hoped that this would happen." With out thinking I snatched his hand and we ran to his black Honda to drive off into the sunset hand in hand.

No comments: